Preparing For A Landscape Design Consultation
Things To Consider
View your landscape from inside the house to determine which windows could frame the outdoor landscape areas. It's important to identify the streetside curb appeal areas but don't forget that you will always want to enjoy the beautiful landscaping features from inside your home.
Walk through your property and identify:
- Lot line markers
- Areas where a privacy buffer may be needed
- Patterns of foot traffic, parking & flow
- Drainage challenges where standing water or flooding occur
- Existing trees or shrubs that you want to keep, prune, replace or remove
Determine how you want to use your outdoor space during each season.
- Do you like to host small or large gatherings?
- Do you see yourself using the space more during the day or at night?
- What are your budget priority items?
- Would you be interested in caring for the new landscape as a hobby?
Visualize feature structures that we can incorporate into your project:
- Sport Court, Recreation or Play Area
- Deck, Pergola or Fence
- Tool Shed or Pool House
Visualize these water features that you may wish to incorporate into the project:
- Swimming Pool or Hot Tub
- Fountain or Waterfall
- Fish Pond or Pondless Waterfall
Visualize hardscape features with either a precast or natural stone. North Point Outdoors uses Techo Bloc pavers, slabs, stepping stones, wall block, wall caps and pool coping as well as various natural stone, clay brick and Bluestone.
- Walkway paths leading into the back or front yard from the driveway
- Retaining Wall to manage a grade change or to terrace a gradual slope for planting
- Patio to add another lounge level below the Deck
- Outdoor Living Area with fully equipped Grilling Kitchen Island or Pizza Oven
- Fire Pit or Fireplace and Seat Wall to create a night time destination
Take note of the general location of utilities (We will verify locations using Dig Safe prior to excavation)
- Underground Electrical lines
- Septic tank & Leech field
- Well head
- Propane tank
Disclose any allergies or aversions to plant material such as specific pollen or bee attracting flowers.
Gather your family's thoughts on favorite plants and colors then give us a call! Let us put the pieces of the puzzle together for you according to site and soil conditions, sun exposure and most importantly, your personal style.
‹ View All Articles
Looking for pricing and more information?Get An Estimate